Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In

This has been so difficult for me.  I am struggling with where I am in life.  When I decided to get healthy a few years back it was at the suggestion of my doctor.  I had just been diagnosed with ADHD and was told if I changed my diet that would help control some of the symptoms.  Also regular exercise would be very beneficial.  So I took their advice and I felt great.  They weight fell off and I couldn't have been happier!  I was in college and my classes didn't start until noon when I implemented the program. I could wake up at 8 or 9 and still have time to run and shower before class.  Also it was just me I was worried about feeding.  I would make myself a sandwich or salad and I was set.  Now I'm worried about feeding Patrick and I'm so unsure of cooking and making it healthy and stuff.  It is way more difficult this time around.  Plus I feel like there are people in my life that don't believe I can do it and make snide comments everytime I put something in my mouth like "I don't think that's on your new diet" or "I made this or that you can have some if it's on your new diet", I wasn't around them as much when I did this before.  First of all I hate the word diet to me a diet is temporary.  I am working on a plan, a lifestyle adjustment.  It was a lifestyle adjustment for me 5 years ago it's just that my lifestyle has changed and I need to readjust!  That is why I am taking it slowly.  One thing at a time.  I am cutting sodas this week and when my body get's over the shock and lack of carbonation then i'll work on removing all sugars.   
I still haven't bought scale.  So I don't have an official weigh in.  Hopefully I can get one this weekend.
Does anyone have any go to low cal dinner recpies?  I need something quick and easy that is affordable to make! Thanks in advance!

No comments: