Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random Goings On

I have several random things going on both in my head and out in the open.  So here is a giant post of bullet points!
  • I watched American Idol for the first time this week. 
  • I am planning a party for the couple that led our youth group at church while I was in high school.  They are moving away and we are having a get together for them.  It has really made me realize that I enjoy doing this.  I love starting from scratch and putting all the pieces together to make a great party. 
  • Every year our church's ladies group puts on a Mardi Gras party.  It is so much fun.  I am so looking forward to it.  They have awesome food and a DJ (it's the same DJ we used for my wedding).  It is always a blast and my sister is going this year so I'm pretty pumped!
  • Patrick and I are going to Gatlinburg for a long weekend in 3 weeks and I am so ready.  We haven't been on a vacation together since our honeymoon.  I've already started making lists for what to pack and food. Patrick is making fun of me!  If anyone has any restaurants or must do's while we're there let me know.  It's been years since we've been.
  • I'm really excited to see This Is It!  I've added it to my Netflix but it will probably be a while before I get it.  (I just got The Hangover last week and it's been out for at least a month)
  • I have some serious house cleaning to do.  I have 3 closets that seriously need attention.  (My closet, the office closet, and the pantry.)  I'm hoping to tackle at least the pantry and my closet this weekend.
  • I've been practicing teasing my hair.  So far i'm not to good at it.  I think my hair is to long.  I'm going to keep working on it though!
  • My house is so boring without all the Christmas decor.  I need to add some things to liven this place up!
  • Everytime I watch the president on tv I feel like i'm watching an SNL skit!
  • My TV schedule is out of control. 
  • This weekend is the Miss America Pageant.  I'm pretty excited.  I can remember watching it with my parents and sister (yes my dad watched it with us!  He was really good at judging the girls.)  At our high school pageants he always chose the top ten (it always made my mom mad cause he wouldn't choose us, he knew we weren't going to win!)
I guess that's enough randomness for one post.  I'm hoping to finish tackling my closet by Friday.  I'm currently doing laundry! As soon as I finish i'll show yall.  You aren't going to believe how bad they are!
Just for fun...I've been playing with photoshop.  Yall know hwo bad I wanted to go to Pasadena right?  Well in photoshop land I did! (I've still got a lot of practicing to do!)

No comments: