Friday, January 25, 2013

One Month

How is my newborn one month old today?  I know everyone says it but time really flies.  I can't believe how fast these last four weeks have flown by.  I feel like we are finally getting into somewhat of a good routine and feeling more comfortable in our roles as Mommy and Daddy!  It's been an adjustment but I can't imagine life any differently now.  I know you've grown I'm just not sure how much.  We don't have a doctors appointment until your 2 month birthday.  We are so thankful for a healthy, growing boy!
You wanted to cover your shirt with your hands.  It was a bit frustrating.

One Month Stats:
  • Based on your gaining average I think you now weigh around 9lbs
  • I tried to measure you and you were still 21inches.  When they measured you at your 2 week checkup they said you were 20inches but you were 21inches at birth so who really knows.
  • You're wearing mostly still newborn clothes.  You have worn a couple of 3 month outfits, they were a little big but I don't want you to grow to fast and miss getting to wear them. 
  • You're wearing size 1 diapers.
  • You're eating every 3 hours.  You usually have at least one 4-4.5 hour stretch at night. I'm not complaining. 
  • You're "schedule" is kinda weird since Daddy's work schedule is weird now.  He works 2:00pm-10:00pm so we stay up late and sleep late most days so we can spend more time with him. 
  • You've been to work 3 days and to Nana and Grandaddy's house several times. We're hoping to take you to church for the first time this Sunday.
 

Yes, I still have my Christmas tree up one month after Christmas.  It will be down before February... hopefully.

 
Barrett,
Your first month has been the fastest month of my life.  You are such a joy to your daddy and me.  We can't imagine life without you.  You are such a good baby and so happy most of the time.  We love you so much. 


1 comment:

Patrick said...

Hey Maggie - another Patrick Horton here. Ron Patrick Horton. We're over in Georgia. Congrats to you and Patrick on Barrett - and you all did a great job on the nursery.

Enjoyed looking over your site.

In case you're wondering, I was looking for images of Horton House down on Jekyll Island. I've always told the kids it was ours, and we're saving to get it fixed up. Ya'll can stay there if you're ever in the area :)