Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So long 2012

Our 2012 started with a bang in January, Patrick and I got to ring in the new year together!  We were taught how precious life really is when a family friend passed away suddenly.  Patrick got a new job and Ally got a new room.
 
February was fun.  Patrick passed his test to get his journeymans card. (finally!)  We celebrated Valentine's Day with pizza and game night.  Patrick was my date for the annual Mardi Gras party at church.
 
March started off with a relaxing trip to the beach for a girls weekend for Lauren's bachelorette party.  Fun, fun weekend!  We spent the best weekend together going to birthday parties, hanging out with friends, dancing at a wedding and riding fourwheelers. Patrick and I braved the teenagers and went to the midnight showing of the Hunger Games.
 
May is always busy and 2012 was no different.  We celebrated Ally's 4th birthday and she was on TV!  I spent the weekend in Tuscaloosa watching Hope and Mark graduate! And celebrating John's birthday!  I also found out I was pregnant this month although I didn't reveal it on the blog for a couple months!  I got to spend the weekend at the beach  with my parents and my brothers family! 
June was filled reminiscing.  Patrick finally retired old red and got a new truck!  My parents sold the house in Tuscaloosa and we went down to clean it out.  We told our families we were pregnant on Father's Day.  There were some mixed reactions!
July was hot and exciting.  We announced our pregnancy to the world via social media.  I started doing weekly pregnancy posts to keep track of my progress.  I'm so glad I did this.  It's been so fun to look back on.  I got to spend time with my family at the lake for the 4th.  I was a proud wife and wrote a post about my husband and all his accomplishments this year.  I turned 27 on the 27th!  We thought it'd be fun to try the intelligender gender test to see if we were expecting a son or daughter!
August was pretty low key.  We watched the Olympics...a lot!  We found out we were expecting a sweet baby boy!

Like every year we looked forward to September and football.  We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend celebrating Elise's first birthday and spending time at the lake.  I showed you our new hardwood floors and fall decorations.  I traveled to Arkansas for our 4th Annual SEC road trip.  We welcomed football season! Harper went to her first Bama game.
October brought the third and final trimester of pregnancy, and we frantically started trying to get things ready for the arrival of our baby boy!
November is always one of my favorite months.  Barrett and I witnessed all the is Johnny Football in the the loss to Texas A&M.  We were blessed by Patrick's family with a Mustache Baby Baby Bash and by my family and friends with a Baby Tea for Baby Barrett.  We celebrated Thanksgiving to wrap the month up.
December was busy.  Between getting ready for Christmas and a baby we didn't have must time for anything else.  A Random Friday post to catch up on things.  My little brother got engaged!  We kicked off Christmas weekend with our 5th Annual Gingerbread house competition.  We got a surprise Christmas present when our baby boy decided to come 3 weeks early!  Here I wrote Barrett's birth story while it was fresh on my mind.  Finally, we rang in the New Year as a family of three and it was perfect!
 
 
2012 has been my favorite year yet.  Between finding out we were pregnant to having our surprise Christmas baby it's been amazing.  I haven't really been ready to let it go.  But we must move on and I can't wait to see what 2013 holds!

No comments: