Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Barrett's Winter ONEderland Party {Part 1}

I'm going to split this into two posts.  There are just too many pictures!
I was so excited about Barrett's Winter ONEderland first birthday party.  I started thinking about ideas probably in June or July.  I quickly enlisted the help of my friend Brittany Pelfrey of Sweet P Designs to help me bring my vision to life.  I knew I wanted it to be warm and cozy and a hot chocolate bar was a must.  
I rented the Mt. Olive Community Center and I would NOT recommend it.  
The facility itself was fine but the manager was a pain to work with.  She was rude and unprofessional and I will never deal with her again (mainly because I'm on the "do not rent to" list now but that's another story for another day.)
Anyway I made this banner to welcome our guests.


When you come in the door this was at the end of the short hall for everyone to sign.  I wanted something to have as a keepsake from the party with all the guests signatures.  I just bought an 11x14 mat with a 5x7 opening.  I cut the "Happy Birthday Barrett" out of vinyl to add to it.  I love how it turned out and now we have this cute little keepsake.  (I'm sure Barrett will be as thrilled as I am one day!)
I had the huge picture printed at staples.

 We put a copy of the invitation in the frame.


This is the invitation. by Hank & Petunia on Etsy.


This is the wreath from the hospital.  I just took the canvas out of the middle that had his stats on it.



The sweet little birthday boy in front of the food table.

We used the curtains out of his room and the flag banners that Lorie made for his baby shower.  I love that I got to use so many things that I already had.  

I made the cupcake toppers at work using the vinyl cutter.

I bought the cute little flags from Hobby Lobby and just added the "ONE" and ribbon to make a little cake banner.  The smash cake and cupcakes came from publix.

I had this cute hat made.  The etsy store is Dainty Couture

His outfit also came from etsy. Seller Sugarmonogramming I was going to get something with a 1 and a snowflake but decided on something that would get more wear.


The food table with all the food.  We served all sweets.  

We had cupcakes, chocolate covered ritz peanut butter sandwiches, peppermint bark, chocolate dipped pretzel rods, rock candy, powdered donuts and chips and dip.




The hot chocolate bar was my favorite.

I added the details to the cups at work (and made all the signs)

We had white chocolate chips, marshmallows, peppermint sticks, andes mint, chocolate hazelnut straws, carmels and whipped cream.  I bought the tags already cut that shape and added the vinyl.


The sweet favors.  I wanted something that the families could enjoy together at home.  I thought smores would be fun.

The favor table and the gift table.  We were beyond shocked and blessed by all the gifts our little guy received.  

The cold drink station.  I loved the stats subway art I created.  I loved the look of the chalkboards i'd seen on pinterest but I decided to change it up and not use a chalkboard.  I already had the frame so it worked perfectly.  This is huge like 50"x30".

We hung the monthly banner over the piano.  The "Barrett" canvas is from his nursery.



You can't really tell in these pictures but I also ordered the huge engineering prints from staples to fill up some space.  I ordered the biggest size they were 3'x4' and worked perfectly in the space.

On the guest tables Brittany used white table cloths with burlap runners and a wood slap charger with a lantern.  They were so rustic and perfect.

Everything turned out more adorable than I could have imagined.  I'm so thankful for great friends that don't bat an eye when you ask them to climb on a rickety old ladder to hang fabric on the wall or set up and take down the same tables over and over again.  I couldn't have pulled it off without them.
If you're looking for someone to help bring all you party ideas to life please contact Brittany at Sweet P designs.  

I'll have another post of the birthday boy enjoying his cake!  There are only about 200 pictures of just that!

No comments: