Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving & the Iron Bowl

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It was Barrett's last "first" holiday.  
For lunch Barrett and I headed to my Grandmother's and it was yummy. (Patrick had to work).

We left there and swung by the house to get Patrick and head to his parents house for dinner.  It was delicious also.  There was no room for our plates on the table because there was so much food.  Barrett ate his weight in green beans.
I love this little turkey so much.


The grandkids.  They are all so sweet to Barrett.
We started our Friday with a bundled up walk with Aunt Elizabeth. 
Friday afternoon we met for Book Club and went to see Catching Fire.  It was sooo good.  I would have liked it better if I'd reread the book because I was trying to remember parts and it was taking away from the movie for me.  I want to reread the book then see it again.  I know I'm crazy.

Saturday we geared up for the biggest Iron Bowl of our lifetime.  #1 Alabama vs #4 Auburn.  Winner wins the SEC West and is one step closer to the National Championship.  Barrett, Ally and I got dressed in our tide gear and patiently waited for Patrick's mostly Auburn friends to arrive.  I was nervous all day and had a bad feeling.  I didn't want to admit it.  Auburn scored first and it was a little defeating.  Barrett started crying and it was hilarious.  I wanted to cry too.  It was back and forth and we had plenty of chances to win.  The game was tied when we thought the clock ran out.  Well after an official review the runner was out of bounds with 1 second on the clock and unless you've been living under a rock you know how it ended.  But since I want Barrett to read this one day I'll type it out.  We lost.  With 1 second left on the clock we go in with a field goal team.  It would be a 56 yard kick.  Well it was about 2 yards short, Auburn fielded it and ran it 108 yards for the game winning touchdown.  It was heart breaking.  Now Auburn will play for the SEC Championship this weekend.   Roll Tide.

All in all it was a great weekend.  I hated my team lost but it was bound to happen sometime.  At least its still the State of Alabama representing the SEC west.  Now we are in full Christmas mode.  We are enjoying our Advent Activity calendar that I made and our daily scripture readings at night.  

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: