Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thanksgiving Fun

Our Thanksgiving looked a little different this year (as did a lot of peoples) but it had nothing to do with the pandemic.  
First up is the new baby!  If you'd told me this time last year we'd have a new baby for the holidays I'm not sure I would have believed it.
The biggest change was we weren't at my grandmother's house.  We've always gone to her house for Thanksgiving but due to a little accident she had back during the beginning of the summer, she and my aunt now live in my parents basement apartment.  So we gathered at my parents house for lunch.  We missed getting to be at her house, she has lots of room outdoors and we usually ride go carts and shoot guns, but we are just thankful she's here.  
I'm not going to lie, I was in a rotten mood most of the day.  I was exhausted.  Adler hadn't slept well in a few nights and the big kids were home so I couldn't rest when she did nap during the day. I was tired and grouchy.  I tried to be pleasant but I failed miserably.

All of the grandkids were present, (which is rare these days with nearly grown kids that have jobs and stuff).  So we had to get a picture of them with my parents.  

The original six.  

John brought these fun ride on toys for the kids.  They're called Turnados and all the kids loved them.  My kids are usually nervous about stuff like this but they both loved them.  Of course they're sold out indefinitely.

We went to the Horton's for dinner.  I tried to get a picture of the kids in their matching turkey outfits.  I ordered these back in June and got the "unisex" bubble option for the baby.  It was so boyish looking it nearly killed me.  I need to get her some cute rufflely knee socks or something because I've order two more of the same style for Christmas.  This picture was after Patrick told AveryAnn to smile.

Barrett was done with me.

Finally a decent one.  They love each other so much and I really hope that never changes.

We had a nice day getting to see everyone.  Adler didn't sleep Thanksgiving night either and I thought I would have a nervous breakdown Friday.  Thankfully, Patrick was home and he was able to take her for the morning and I was able to sleep for a couple of hours.  


No comments: