Thursday, November 19, 2009

Season of Thankfulness: Day 9

Okay this one is kind of shallow but on Day 9, I am thankful for...
Orthodontics
My parents spent so much time and money on our teeth it isn't even funny.  All four of us had to have braces.  We all had pretty extreme teeth.  We all went through the UAB School of Orthodontics for our braces.  It was half the price there since the students were basicly taught using your mouth.  I never realized what an impression teeth had on people until I started waiting tables.  I used to get compliments all the time on my teeth which was something that I had taken for granted!  I finally just started telling people thank you and that my parents spent a lot of money on my smile so I'd better show it off!  I got my braces put on the day before school started my 6th grade year and I got them off the last day of 7th grade.  I had to wear an appliance before I worn the braces to stop me from sucking my thumb.  (my retainter still has the device on it!)  I was so excited when I got them off.  It was the week before cheerleading camp.  It was my first year to cheer and I was so excited to get to wear my new smile to camp. 

This is the only picture I could find fo all 4 of us actually smiling and looking at the camera!  All with straight teeth!!!
Thank you Mom & Dad for all the hours and the thousands of dollars spent at UAB.  It was worth it!

1 comment:

SouthernDogwoods said...

(Sorry for my lack of comments when I changed my blog - I lost my fave blog lists but I am adding you back!)
I am happy to say that I wore braces for 5 years and won Sweetest Smile in 9th grade! Ha!