Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friday Night

Last night I spent the evening with my best friend Kristen.  I had a little project I needed help with and Kristen was just the person to help me!  She got a new sewing machine for Christmas and had been talking about wanting to practice so I had a little project.  I've been seeing these precious camera strap covers on etsy that looked so simple to make that I hated to pay $35 for.  So we started our night at Hobby Lobby.  I already had in mind what fabric I wanted so it didn't take long to find it.  We got everything we needed then we headed to meet my Daddy for some Mexican food.  My mom is out of town this weekend so I invited my Dad to have dinner with us.  We had a ball talking and laughing at dinner!  My dad is one of the funniest people I know.  He can make me laugh like no one else.  He's so honest and to the point, so much so that if anyone else said some of the things he says you'd probably never speak to them again but he has a way of saying it that just makes you laugh.  After dinner Kristen and I had to hit Ross and Target just to make sure they didn't have anything we needed!  Then we were headed home to get to work.  First of all, I am the worst assistant ever.  I won the Home Ec trophy in 8th grade but I couldn't remember anything about the sewing machine (it kind of made me sad).  We didn't really have a pattern or anything to it was all trial and error.  I think it turned out really good for our first attempt.  I've already got an idea for the next fabric I want to get and try. 
It was a little big around the strap.  But we learned it needs to be tighter next time.



I love the ruffle.  Kristen did an awesome job making it!
I am a terrible assistant.  I actually feel asleep at one point.  But being the best friend that Kristen is she still finished my project.

No comments: