Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Catch-up Post

There's no time like the present I guess...
There's been a lot going on in the last couple of weeks.  Nothing to terribly exciting or fun but been busy nonetheless. 
  • So Friday before last (Jan 28th)  Lorie, Kristen and Amy came over and we had soup and wine and had a blast catching up.  We sat around for hours talking and laughing and there was a lull in conversation and Kristen simply asked..."Well, does anyone have anything exciting to share?" (This might sound suspicious but if you really knew Kristen it wouldn't seem odd at all) and Lorie nonchalantly said, "Well, I'm pregnant!".  We were so shocked!  I don't think I said anything for about 3 minutes and Kristen couldn't stop talking.  It was so funny!  Lorie was shocked as well!  We had to keep it a secret until now so we can finally share.  I had to go to a baby shower the next day.  Do you know how hard it is to keep a baby a secret at a baby shower?  It's hard! But so much fun!  Kristen and I have been emailing back and forth about it because we don't want to scare Lorie into not sharing anything else with us ever again! Ha! I can't wait till the baby gets here just in time for football season (sometime in September, I wasn't really paying attention I was already thinking about nursery decor!)  Kristen and I stayed up till about 4 in the morning talking about the baby and how we're all growing up and it's all so crazy!I didn't take any pictures that night and I wish I'd had a video of our reactions it was pretty priceless!
  • I've gotten into the Bachelor.  I didn't watch Brad Womack the first time around.  My favorite is Emily,  I mean who couldn't love her.  She is so precious!  I want to strangle Michelle.  She is so fake and such an attention whore.  I know that she is playing the character but she is seriously psycho.  
  • Remember this post about Gigi's cupcakes? Well my family thought I was crazy for being so obsessed with a cupcake.  Well Gigi's cupcakes opened in Tuscaloosa and I begged my sister to bring me one.  She brought four and we all fell in love.  We tried the Strawberry Shortcake, Peanut Butter Cup and Tiramisu.  They were all delicious! 
  • It's snowing again!  I really do love snow.  People are complaining and so ready for it to be over but i just love it.  It more than likely won't affect the roads to badly tomorrow but it's beautiful right now!  Patrick had to go to work :(  But hopefully he'll be able to make it home in the morning! 
I think that's all for now.  I've got a another post coming up with a wedding recap from this past weekend.  We had a blast as usual!

No comments: