Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Surprises

I'm listening to my sweet nephew Porter snore as I type this and it is the most precious sound.  My brother called me on Thursday and asked if Porter could come spend the night this weekend.  He said that Porter asked to come stay with me.  He's been here since about 1:00 and we've had a ball.  We mostly played outside because it has been beautiful today.  It was a little cool but I wore shorts and a sweatshirt.  We went to the grocery store so I could get a few things.  On the way home from the store we stopped by Lorie's house to drop off a little surprise I'd made for the baby.  She was asleep so we left it in the mailbox.  (I just heard from her and she got it and loved it!)  We had corndogs for dinner and watched SpongeBob and iCarly.  He says some of the funniest things.  He loves trucks and when we came back from the grocery store I put my car in the garage and he told me I needed to move it out so Uncle Hort could park his truck inside.  Just a few pictures from the day...






Apparently our house is kind of cold.

My best friend, Kristen, is awesome she came by and surprised me with this.  I saw this fabric last night at Hobby Lobby and decided my next camera strap cover was going to be this print.  She was feeling crafty so she whipped this up and brought it by.  I love it, it looks so good!  Although I'm still trying to figure out how she managed to complete it without my assistance!

Now this precious angel is sleeping (and snoring)!

I love these nights.  I love getting to be an aunt.  I love getting to spend one on one time with each of them.  It is such a special time that I cherish and one day I hope they all will know how much they meant to me!

February 12th always makes my heart heavy.  Nine years ago today a friend of mine was killed in a car accident.  She was 3 months away from her high school graduation.  We cheered together and she had this contagious smile.  The one thing I remember her daddy telling me at the funeral was never forget her.  I actually think of her often we weren't that close we just cheered together so we spent a lot of time together.  I say a prayer for her sweet parents everyday when I pass her gravesite.  My heart still breaks for them nine years later.  I wore pink flip flops today (pink was her favorite color) and tried to smile as much as I could to carry her memory. 
HV23~We'll always remember.

No comments: