Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 weeks



It's election day!
 
How Far Along: 30 weeks

Size of baby:  Head of lettuce (18in, 3.1lbs)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 32lbs. Yes, I gained 12lbs between my last two appointments. I was very alarmed by it. The doctor didn't seem to concerned.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, always in public. I find myself putting outfits together that I'd never wear before but they are just so comfortable that I don't even care.  Still struggling to find shoes.  I borrowed a pair from my friend that wears half a size bigger.  They flopped off my heels so buying a bigger shoes isn't the answer.
Gender: Boy!

Movement: All the time. It's the most amazing feeling! I felt hiccups for the first time this week.  Such a cool thing.

Sleep:  I can't get enough of it.  Patrick has been on night shift for 6 weeks now and as much as I love having him home, I love sleeping in the bed by myself.  I feel bad even admitting that.  I'm pretty sure if Patrick was being honest he'd agree!

What I miss:  Doing simple things and not getting exhausted.  I feel like I need a nap everyday after I get ready for work.  We went to Buy Buy Baby Saturday and I was exhausted just walking to the back of the store.

Cravings: None really. 

Symptoms:  Heartburn has been terrible this week.  I finally started taking something other than tums for it.  It's been helping a lot.  Just normal aches and pains.  Feet swelling. 

Best Moment this week:  We ordered the chair for the nursery.  Which was the final thing we needed to get ordered.  So now we just have to get everything in and put it all together.  I can't believe we only have 10 weeks left.  2 weeks till Thanksgiving and 7 weeks till Christmas.  Where did 2012 go?
We had our first parenting fail last night.  We were trying to go to the open house at the pediatricians office we want to use.  I thought it started at 6:30, I was wrong it started at 6:00 so we missed the entire presentation.  They only have them once a month so I guess we'll try again in December.  I felt like such an idiot.

No comments: