Saturday, January 25, 2014

13 Months

I wasn't going to continue the monthly posts after Barrett turned a year old but I changed my mind.  He hasn't really changed that much but I wanted to have an update for my memory.
  • You weigh a little over 21lbs, not sure of your height.
  • Your eyes are still blue but I still think they might change.
  • Your hair is definitely getting lighter and longer.  It's starting to fall over your ears but I'm not getting it cut until it's in your eyes.
  • You are completely off the bottle and drink milk like its going out of style.  You usually have between 20-24 ounces of milk a day.  

  • You love food.  You will try anything we put in front of you and you like most things.  
  • Some of your favorites are cheerios, bananas, mandarin oranges, green beans, carrots, chicken of any kind, yogurt, deli meat, corn, chili, pasta and french fries.  You eat whatever we're eating for dinner and are usually happy with it.  
  • You aren't a big snacker so when it's meal time you usually eat a lot.   I try to feed you pretty healthy but you get the occasional treat like a cookie or doughnut. 

  • You're still wearing mostly 9-12 month clothes.  Some 18 month.  I'm buying 12-18 month but some of it is still big for you.
  • Size 4 diaper, you still go through 5-6 a day.
  • Size 4 shoes.  Yes, I finally put some shoes on you this month.  You got two really cute pairs for Christmas so I figured you better wear them.
  • You still have 8 teeth.

+
  • You started to take a pacifier randomly this month.  You love it.  We try to only let you have it at bedtime.  But I do let you take it to work for naptime.  I'm going to hate breaking the habit but it's so cute.
  • You love your toys.  Your favorite are the balls.  You will find a ball and roll it and chase it all over the house.  We've been to two play dates this week and you did the same thing there.  You also like the walk behind toy that makes a lot of noise and your Elephan-fun thing that shoots balls. 
  • You spent the night away for the first time.  You stayed with Nana and Granddaddy.  They said you did great.  You started whining the minute I got there to pick you up.  I don't know if you were mad at me for leaving you or you didn't want to leave.
  • You've also stayed with Brittany and then Aunt Allison for an afternoon so I could go to the gym and they both said you did great.  I think it's been good for you to be away from Mommy some.

  • You still sleep great.  You'll wake up sometimes crying but I think you're just dreaming because you usually lay right back down and go to sleep.
  • You sleep from around 8:00-7:00 and usually take one long nap from 3:00-5:00 and sometimes you'll sneak a little morning nap in.
  • You're pulling up and cruising all around the living room but no walking yet.  You will stand unassisted for a few seconds (letting go of whatever you were holding on to)
  • You'll walk behind your toy. 

  • You still love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the weather.
  • You've started throwing little fits if we don't do what you want.  You'll throw your head back and lay on the ground and whine.  I guess you realized it hurts so now you dramatically throw yourself back but you use your elbow to soften the blow to your head.
  • You had your first ear infection.
  • Still not talking.  We're working with you to try to get you to say some words.
  • You love bath time.


We've had so much fun this month.  It's hard to believe that this time last year you were just a tiny newborn baby.  It's so much fun seeing how much you've grown and changed.  Looking forward to watching you continue to grow and learn and the months pass by.  You are so much fun and we are loving every minute of watching you grow.

No comments: