Monday, January 6, 2014

First Ear Infection


We had Barrett's one year check up on January 2nd.  He'd had a snotty nose for a few days over the Christmas holidays but once we got him back on his schedule it seemed to get better.  He still had a bit of a cough but never ran a fever.  While we were at the dr. for his check up they found his ear infection.  I felt so bad that he'd been sick for a week and I didn't take him in.  Earlier this fall we'd taken him in because we thought he had one and he was fine so I didn't want to jump the gun again.  He was given an antibiotic and he seems to be feeling good.
I think it's so funny that he hasn't taken a paci since he was about 3 weeks old, until last week.  Now he wants it all the time.  I know I shouldn't let him have it but it's so cute and I know it's comforting to him.  Plus he grinds his teeth when he doesn't have it.  

It was a rainy, dreary day.
The Dr. mentioned that he should really be at least saying "mama" and "dada" by now, which he isn't.  I wasn't really concerned because I feel like he hears just fine but you can't help but worry when you feel like they are "behind".  So we are working everyday on getting him to say words.  

He was stuck in his walk behind toy.  It was funny.

We have dropped the bottle and are completely on whole milk.  I'm certain it was more traumatic for me.

After Christmas and Barrett's birthday it was painfully obvious that the "man cave" was going to need to be duel purpose as a play area too.  So we're doing a little rearranging and Patrick is building a shelving unit to go across the back wall for toys.  I'm really excited about it!
I took my Christmas down so the pack and play went back to its "spot" in the living room.  That means we no longer had something to block the kitchen doorway.  Patrick put these two chairs down and Barrett just pushed them out of the way.  That boy is smart!

I know I've said it a million times but I am so thankful for my job.  My boss is awesome and lets me bring Barrett everyday. (He actually prefers Barrett to me, when Barrett can run the sign equipment I'm toast!)  Well until now he's just been in a pack and play in the corner and it's worked perfectly. Now he just needed a little more room so Steven fixed this side of my office for him.  He put down some carpet and put up the fence.  So far Barrett loves it!  He has so much room!
And just because he's cute! Man, I love him so much!

No comments: