Monday, August 14, 2017

First day of 4K!

Today was Barrett's first day of 4K!  He was excited but also a little confused because he moved to his new class last week so it was really his 3rd day. 
We love his new teacher Ms. Amie!  He was a little upset none of his friends are in his class but he thrived this summer when he had to step out and make new friends so I think he'll be just fine. 

I made his sign last night and he insisted he needed to color it with chalk too.  I love this age so much.  I told him this weekend that I hope he stays 4 forever.  He's just so sweet but can do a lot of things for himself.  I've loved it so much.

These pictures crack me up.  The sun was in his eyes.   

He did great at drop off.  I was a little worried because toward the end of the summer he started crying some.  But he did great.  We got there at the same time as Jessica and Jackson and the boys were so excited to show each other their new shoes.  Then they had to give each other a hug before they went to their different classrooms.
 
Here's today and last year's first day.  His sweet baby face from last year is almost too much for me to handle.  It's like he was a baby for so long and then over night he's become a big boy and I don't think I was ready for it. 
He had a good day.  They accidentally sent him up for car line and then no one picked him up (because he's never been in car line before) and he missed lunch but they got him fed and he went right down for nap.  He was upset when he was telling me but they said he did fine.  I'm sad that he thought I forgot to pick him up in car line so he had to go take a nap.  I had to explain that I didn't forget it was just a mix-up.  It should be smooth sailing from here.


No comments: