Monday, August 7, 2017

Four Year Well Check

I finally got around to taking Barrett for his 4 year old check up.  Yes, he turned 4 in December.  Better late than never right?  He did so good.  I was so proud of him. 
Last year he cried because they made him stand on the scale.  This year he did everything he was asked to do without and fuss.  He answered every question the nurses and Dr. Farr asked. 
He weighs 40lbs and is 41 inches tall.  Right at 50-75th percentile for both.  Then he had to get 4 shots!  He took them like a champ! 

He's getting ready to start K-4 next week and he seems excited.  All of his friends are in different classes so he's going to get to make a lot of new friends.  He has come out of his shell so much this summer and I think a lot of that is due to the fact he didn't know any kids in his class this summer and he's had to step out of his comfort zone and make all new friends.  He still loves his bear but it doesn't always go with us now.  He's very much into transformers, power rangers, and super heroes.  He still likes Mickey Mouse and I hope that never changes.  He is very much a cuddler and it is the sweetest.  He'll crawl up in my lap and watch tv.  I love this.  Some nights after AveryAnn goes to bed he'll say "Mama can we watch a movie in your room and snuggle?"  always.  I'll never say no to this.

After his shots I told him he could choose a treat at lunch.  He chose a cookie as big as his face. 

We also got to go to Urban Air last week.  We had not been and it was so much fun!  We had a blast!  I can't believe that this time next year we'll be getting ready to send our boy to Kindergarten!!

No comments: