Friday, November 15, 2019

Career Day

Tuesday, Oct. 29th was Career day for Red Ribbon week at Barrett's school.  He wanted to wear a Horton Electric shirt and it was the cutest ever.  He was so proud.
AveryAnn was supposed to go to dance that night but she had been sick and said she didn't feel like going so we skipped.  Patrick and Barrett were pillow fighting in our room on our bed, I sat down to do something on my computer. I said "yall need to stop before someone gets hurt!" and about 2 seconds later Barrett's head hit the footboard of our bed.  He immediately started screaming and crying.  Patrick went to hug him and realized he was bleeding.  I jumped up and ran to the bathroom to get a wet washrag.  Patrick brought him in the bathroom and said "it's bad!", I asked if it was call 911 bad or we're going to the emergency room bad, he said ER.  So I called the babysitter that lives across the street to see if she could stay with AveryAnn until my parents got there.  (Also AveryAnn was in the bath tub this whole time.)  I called my parents and they headed to our house.  Once the babysitter got there we left.  We decided to try the new ER in Gardendale instead of going all the way to Children's.  They quickly got us back to a room and the nurse came in to assess him.  They decided he needed a few staples.  So we let the staple him right up and then we were on our merry way.  Thankfully, he didn't have any signs of a concussion.  They gave him an excuse for Wednesday just in case he had a headache and didn't feel like going.  We were in and out of the ER in about an hour.  Everyone was so nice.  Hopefully we never have to go back but so glad it's there if we need it.  

I sent this picture to my siblings and parents saying "his first day at Horton Electric didn't go as planned"  My brothers of course delivered on the clever comments.  Patrick felt terrible since they had been playing when it happened so he stayed home Wednesday with him.  

You could barely see them once his hair was clean and dry.  
He got them out about 10 days later at Dr. Farr's office.  I learned I don't do blood.  Especially if it's coming out of my kid.

No comments: