Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras Party

Every year the ladies group at church throws an awesome Mardi Gras party.  My mom and her good friend are in charge of it.  They do an amazing job.  Now I've never been to Mardi Gras but I have been to New Orleans and they really create an atmosphere in our parsh hall that you are on Burbon Street.  It is so much fun and they always have such amazing food.  There's a DJ (the same Dj we had at our wedding) so everyone just dances the night away!  My sister was able to go this year since she is 21 and she was so excited!  I was too!!!
The food table
Mom, DJ Mike Shell, and Mary (mom's friend that does all planning)
Amy & Me with our Who Dat? Saints cups!
Me and Sister.
My sweet parents
The dance floor and some decorations.
We draw a King and Queen each year.  This is the King and Queen this year!

I just love all the decorations.   They borrow wrought iron tables and chairs for the night.  I always looks so good!  With the Season of Lent starting tomorrow I've been thinking about what I'm going to give up.  I'm thinking it's going to be french fries!  I love fries so much...It's going to be hard. 

No comments: