Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Smoky Mountains Day 2


Cades Cove

Today we headed out to drive through Cades Cove.  I'd never done this before and neither had Patrick so we were very excited.  We slept late so we didn't get out of the house till after 1:00.  It seemed like a long drive (although it really wasn't).  It was one of the most beautiful places I've seen.  Such a simple beauty.  We had a blast just driving through looking at the deer and seeing the Smokies from another angle.  We were going to go to dinner at The Smoky Mountain Brewery but after sitting in traffic and Ally crying when we tried to leave Patrick decided we should jsut hang out at the cabin and eat left over lasagna.  I was pretty disappointed since I'd done a lot of research trying to find a great place for us to eat.  But it was probably best we didn't try to get out.  We've got to get up early in the morning and we're not looking forward to it! 
Ally loved Cades Cove. 
Our first try using self-timer...not so great!
Pretty sky!  The weather was beautiful today too!
Deer!
I love this shot of Patrick and the Smokies!
Patrick's not such a bad photographer after all!
Patrick kept "calling"them and they looked up every time!
Still snow on the ground in some places!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Maggie, I am over from AL Bloggers.
I LOVE this last picture, you couldnt have picked a better background.

Janet said...

I've been to Cade's Cove a few times in the fall, but it's beautiful in winter too. (Another Alabama Blogger)