Thursday, February 4, 2010

Project Runway

I love Project Runway.  I didn't start watching it until a few seasons in.  I didn't get it while I was at school but my parents watched it (they'll watch anything they kick people off of!).  I fell in love with the show.  I find the design process so interesting.  It amazes me that they can start with a sketch and have a garment made before they go to bed.  I don't have a creative bone in my body.  At least not when it comes to fashion.  I wish I could have someone shop for me and just tell me what to wear.  At Alabama my major was Restaurant, Hotels, and Meetings Management with a concentration in Event Planning.  We shared a school with the Fashion Design department.  Well it turns out that one of the contestants this season, Anthony, actually graduated the same year as me from Bama.  I've probably passed him in the halls.  My sister said that he was in Tuscaloosa tonight holding a viewing party in the building where I had most of my classes.  I told her she had to go since I couldn't.  She didn't!  He is one of my favorites.  He has the biggest personality!   I also like Anna Marie (plus I really like her name as it is my #1 baby girls name!).  She seems the least expirenced but I love her work.  There are a lot of good designers this season!
Does anyone else watch Project Runway? Who are your favorites?

2 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

I love Anthony - he and I actually went to the same high school but he graduated two years after I did. Is he not the funniest!

Caroline Adams said...

Maybe we should have a Project Runway night too! I love it!