Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Moon

Well you see...I've never really been into vampires. In fact I've actually always been terrified of them. I watched Interview with the Vampire when I was to young and was convinced that Brad Pitt lived in the tree outside my room. I always saw his vampire face in the window at night. (note I was very young and now I would probably welcome Brad Pitt vampire or not into my room! Ha! If I wasn't married that is!) So I never thought I'd like these Twilight books I thought they'd scare me. (Yes I know that I am a huge dork!) I read the first books and then I got the first movie and I was going to watch it but I got scared (before it even started) and called my sister to ask her if I was going to be scared. Yes she laughed out loud at me and told be no that I should survive, I did.

The second installment of the Twilight series comes out today on DVD.  I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon a little bit late.  In fact I openly made fun of every single person I witnessed swooning over either Jacob or Edward.  I was at the theater to see The Blinde Side when a group of high school girls excitedly asked if I was going to see New Moon to which I very quickly (and maybe kind of rudely) exclamied Um NO!

Well that was then and this is now.  How quickly I was to judge these poor people that I have now become.   I wouldn't say that I am obsessed or anything.  In fact i'm not as into the movies as I am the books.  The first movie was a big dissappointment.  I later found out that it was a low budget film and it showed big time.  I've heard New Moon is much better quality.  We will see.  Don't know if i'll see it today or not.  I'll probably just wait my turn to get it on Netflix.
   
Moral of the story...don't knock it till you've tried it.

No comments: