Friday, March 26, 2010

Pearls and the Potty...

Tonight I went to a friends birthday party. It was a blast. It was at my bosses house. You'd think spending 7 hours a day together would be enough. I just love his family so much they are always such great company. Ally had a blast. They have the biggest toy box for their dogs and Ally loves it. She practically climbed in to enjoy her raw hide.

When I got home I walked in the basement and all of a sudden it hit me that I had to...well tinkle.  So I tried to hurry Ally into the house.  She wanted to visit with Sam and Gracie and have a bite of their food.  Meanwhile I am screaming at her to hurry because I really have to go and I didn't want to leave her down there.  She finally runs into the house so I run upstairs and drop my stuff (my purse, camera bag, Ally's bag, small tote with books and my keys, yes I am like the bag lady!) at the top of the stairs.  I run to the bathroom.  I go to sit on the potty and I hear a weird noise that sounds like a coin dropping into a fountain.  I luckily look down and there is my earring in the bottom of the bowl.  (Apparently when I flung off my camera bag I also ripped the back off one of my pearls.)  I cringe and stick my hand in, thank goodness the water was still clean.  I somehow managed to make it go into the hole on the front of the bowl and I couldn't get it.  All the while I am trying with all my might to not wet my pants.  I give up on the earring and run to the other bathroom.  I made it.  Barely!  
Now I am concerned because I can't get my earring out of the toilet.  I am going to have to leave a note for the hubs so that he doesn't use it and maybe he can rescue my pearl.  I really hope that he can.  Those are like the only earrings I wear these days.
I know it's almost to much excitment for one to handle on a Friday night.  Tomorrow should be more exciting.  I have to get together Patrick's anniversary present.  I can't believe that we've been married to two years.  Any good ideas... (yes i know i'm very last minute)  The second anniversary is supposed to be cotton or china.  I know he doesn't want china so I'll probably go with cotton or something else entirely.     

No comments: