Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Christmas Day

Barrett was so excited about Santa this year.  We couldn't wait for him to wake up Christmas morning. 
AveryAnn got a sweet baby doll and diaper bag of her own to pack and unpack, some pjs and a Barbie.

Barrett got a fixit transformer, a Grimloc transformer, walkie talkies, some paw patrol headphones to use with his ipad, pjs and a bat bag for baseball season.  

She was so excited about that baby doll with the bottle.  It was so sweet.


They also got this kitchen to share as their big gift.  It's so cute.  I'm a little jealous, it's nicer than my kitchen ;)

They played so well together it was so sweet!

Ally was over Christmas and all the cold weather.

This is our 10th picture in front of the tree.  When I took that picture our first Christmas morning we were married I didn't realize how much I was appreciate it in 10 years time.  We've grown so much from those clueless newlyweds.

Me and my girl!

My sweet babies in their matching jammies.

We wrapped up at home and headed to my parents house for brunch.  We decided to wear our matching pjs.  It's always chaos over there but so much fun.  The girls are really starting to interact with each other and its so much fun!  Madelyn has a dog, Bentley, but he will not let her pet him.  So she was so happy that Ally was more than happy for the extra attention.  
Each family got one of these race track with the light up cars.  Well Barrett wanted to open every toy immediately so we let him open this one and they all had a ball playing with it.  

I loved this one Hope took of the girls watching with their feet up. It was so sweet.

Ally loves the fire at my parents, I'm always afraid she's going to climb right in.  She gets as close as she possibly can.


Picture of mom and dad with the grandkids.  Next year there'll be another little one, we can't wait for my nephew Brooks to get here in April!

After all the Christmas gifts were open we sang Happy Birthday to Barrett!  He really gets birthdays this year and he was so sweet.  I can't believe it's been 5 years since that Christmas in the hospital with a new baby!

We came home in time for everyone to grab a quick nap.  Patrick went to the hospital to see his family.  His mom was in ICU so the kids couldn't go see her (and Barrett was still sickly so he couldn't have gone anyway).  We usually go to their house for dinner and I hadn't bought any groceries so we found a Chinese place and got take out for dinner.  It was so weird not being with the Hortons Christmas night but we had a nice night at home just enjoying each other's company.

No comments: