Thursday, January 25, 2018

Week in Review

I want to get back in the habit of posting these posts just to keep up with life.
Patrick was off work last Monday for MLK day so the kids stayed home with him and I got to go to work by myself.  Folks, that is a luxury and I was very excited about it.  Patrick ended up getting called into work so I had to run home a get the kids.  We were predicted to get some winter weather on Tuesday, they were cancelling schools everywhere and I felt confident we would be out too.  We needed milk anyway and I had to get something to take to bunko so we ran to the grocery store. 
This is what my kids looked like.  AveryAnn had on no shoes and Barrett was in his pajamas.  It was a  mad house.  We got out relatively unscathed but it was touch and go for a while.  Spoiler alert, we didn't get any winter weather except for frigid temperatures.  (It did snow a little but didn't stick.)

They closed the civic center so my workout class was cancelled.  The instructor posted a workout on facebook we could do at home so Patrick kept time for me and cheered me along.  It wasn't the same as being in class with my friends but I was proud I did it.

The rest of the week was chaos.  School was cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday (after they had a holiday Monday).  Barrett was supposed to go to the dentist Wednesday morning but we had to reschedule, luckily they had an afternoon appointment available so we took it.  He had no cavities (I was shocked) and was so proud of his mustache prize.  After we left the dentist we headed to get his haircut because he needed it and we might as well go ahead and get it out of the way.  After being out for three days they had a late start Thursday.  By Friday we were just ready for the week to be over so we could start fresh on Monday.

We didn't have any plans for the weekend and I was so looking forward to it.
I needed to go through all of Barrett's clothes so my sister-in-law could look through them for my soon to be here nephew!  I love that these sweet outfits will get another wear.   
After Barrett's birthday playdate he was so excited about his presents, we started talking about gifts and how it's nice to send people thank you notes when they give you a gift.  He was very excited about the idea.  I designed and then had these cute fill in the blank thank you notes.  He isn't as excited about them now.  He wants to send them he just doesn't want to have to do all the writing.  But the practice is good for him.  It may be June before we get them all mailed out but it's the thought that counts right.

Saturday the weather was absolutely beautiful!!!  We played outside as much as we could (in between clothes sorting).  

Patrick got the four-wheeler out and rode around the yard.  

I ordered AveryAnn these shoes thinking they'd probably be a little big but she could wear them at the end of the summer, well they fit perfectly.  I'm hoping she doesn't outgrow them before summer.

One of my goals for 2018 is to read through the bible.  I bought the one year bible last year and started strong but didn't stick with it.  This year I've started taking my showers at night and getting up a little bit earlier and have 30-40 minutes of quiet time each morning.  Day 21 felt like a milestone so I had to document it.  I'm not sure I'll ever be a morning person but I am loving this time each day.  I wake up looking forward to it.   
The whole weekend was beautiful!  This is what it looked like most days.  We're soaking it in and while I don't want to wish the time away but I'm looking forward to spring.

Hanging at the office with my girl.  She will bring me my phone and say "I want picture!"  She's a total mess and I am loving this stage.  She's getting so much personality and I feel like she learns something new everyday.  
That gets us caught up.  These are the days that I know I'll miss.  It's not the big things, its the little, everyday things that make a life.  

No comments: