Thursday, January 4, 2018

Class & Squad Christmas Parties

I'm playing catchup from December. Please bear with me while I document all the events we attended.
Barrett's class party was on the 14th and he randomly asked the week before if his Daddy was going to be there.  He had not planned to take off but he had some extra vacation days so he was able to take off and go with me.  Barrett said they were going to be singing and they recited a cute little poem.  It was so cute.  It was a fun morning with our big boy.  It was also his last day with Ms. Amie because she was due to have her first baby around Christmas and wasn't coming back. 

We have loved her so much and we're going to miss her.  His new teacher is great too so we're excited for the next semester with her too.
That same week my boss got his wife a new maltipoo puppy for Christmas and Barrett wanted to meet her so we went by one afternoon after I picked him up.

This was AveryAnn's reaction every time the puppy had to be out of her sight.  She is obsessed. 



It's really sweet.  They love our dog Ally too but she's old and set in her ways.  She has no interest in playing with them and they wish she would. This puppy thinks they are so much fun to.  They all just play all day long.

On Friday the 15th, we had our First Annual Squad Couples Christmas Party.  We ladies hang out all the time but the guys don't get involved much.  Well this year I threw out the idea to have a couples party and everyone was on board.  We decided to dress up and make it fancy and it was perfect.  Amy and Sean opened their home to us and it was beautiful.  Everyone was able to be there and it was so much fun.  We played games and laughed until we cried.  My face seriously hurt the next day from laughing. (My head also hurt but I'm thinking that was the bottle of dollar store wine I drank ;).)

I love this picture so much.  There's something about raising babies together that makes the most genuine friendships.  We're looking forward to more couples nights out with this crew.  (Also it's kind of funny that our kids are what brought us together but now we probably hang out without them more than with them)  
Our Squad, or tribe or village or whatever you want to call them. 

This was the first time I'd really dressed up since I had my breast reduction and it was so crazy to wear a dress and not have to worry about too much cleavage showing or my bra straps or wearing a sweater because it just showed too much.  I was so happy (and probably talked about it way to much.)


I looked the best in the group shot that some of the boys were misbehaving in so I just cropped everyone out. It works since Patrick and I didn't get a picture of the two of us.
We had the best time!  I'll be honest, Patrick did not want to go.  He was like yall have so much fun without us guys, why do we have to go.  But he said it was fun and he was glad he went.

No comments: