Friday, January 5, 2018

Grandmothers House & Christmas Eve

We usually go to my Grandmother's house on Christmas Eve but she wanted us to come on the 23rd this year so that's what we did.  I was sad because Patrick had to work the Birmingham Bowl and didn't get to come with us.  We had a nice time spending the day eating and opening presents. 
We bought the girls these matching dresses for Christmas last year.  They still fit this year.  We didn't plan for them to match but they did so we had to get a picture of them!

Madelyn is such a ham.  She has the biggest personality and we all just get the biggest kick out of her.  She is so loud and we just laugh because neither of her parents are like that. 

Here they are last year.  They've grown so much but I can't get over how much their hair has grown.
Sweet big brother with two of his favorite birthday gifts.

Nana had to get a picture with the girls.

We got home and Barrett was laying around acting like he didn't feel good so I took his temp and sure enough he was running a fever.  He'd had a cough for several days and several kids in his class had the flu so I decided to go ahead and take him to the Urgent Care.  Patrick was still at work so I called my parents to come stay with AveryAnn.  Luckily he tested negative for both flu and strep so we were on our way.  I was glad he tested negative but a little annoyed that he was just sickly with nothing to really do about it. 
Things got a little crazy Saturday night.  Patrick's mom ended up in the hospital having emergency surgery.  Patrick was a nervous wreck but also exhausted from working so much.  Then we didn't sleep much because we were so worried.  She is fine, but anytime someone has to have emergency surgery it makes you nervous.  Sunday, (Christmas Eve) we got up and tried to make out a plan to tackle the day.  We still had some last minute shopping to do (well Patrick had last minute shopping to do)  My parents kept the kids while I went to Mass and finished our shopping and Patrick went to the hospital to be with his mom.  After I got the shopping done, AveryAnn and I came home, she took a nap and we got ready for Christmas Eve Mass. 
After Mass we went back to my parents to visit and get Barrett.  I tried to get a few pictures of me and my girl but this was as good as it gets.

She looked so pretty in her fancy dress that I scored at a consignment sale!

Fun Uncle Patrick was trying to help Barrett build a massive ramp with the old hot wheels track.  Barrett thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Love this sweet girl of mine.  
We headed home early to make cookies and get in bed so Santa could come. 

Putting cookies and milk out for Santa.  Also his last night as a 4 year old.

We made the chocolate chip, the pretty ones were left over from Barrett's birthday party.
Barrett finally went to sleep and we caught a glimpse of all the goodies Santa left! 

No comments: