Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 4

I'm officially back in ketosis!!! Finally!!!  I know some people need more variety in a diet but I need something that eliminates certain foods.  I needed to get myself back in ketosis so I wouldn't want to eat cookies or sweets for fear of knocking myself out.  It's not worth it.  I feel like you can be a little looser with "good" carbs once you're in ketosis.  I don't know why but it was a lot harder for me this time.  I just kept telling myself that it was worth it.  I would feel better.  My workouts would yield better results.  I would sleep better.  I would wake easier.  For the most part these are all true.  I know from past experiences it'll be another week or so before the intense cravings for sweets goes away.  I've got a couple of  keto friendly recipes I want to try for sweets.  Another benefit of getting control of my diet and eliminating soft drinks...I went to the dentist yesterday for my cleaning and I had zero cavities.  I've almost always had at least one cavity every visit (twice a year) for most of my adult life.  So no cavities is huge.  (My dentist is probably sad for that $300 he was probably counting on from me this month.) I'm afraid that the next few months are going to be busy for us.  I really am making it a priority to workout but it's going to get tricky fitting it all in.  Patrick is having to do a lot more at home than he is used to (which it totally fine, and he doesn't mind.  It just makes me feel a little selfish.).

I'm -1 lb this week.  Doesn't seem like much but every little bit counts.  That's how I've lost the first 50lbs, one pound at a time.  That's how these last 16lbs will come off too.  Just have to be patient.  I want to wake up and be at my goal and that's just not realistic (well actually I guess one day I will wake up and be at my goal, but not without a few weeks of work first.)  
I wanted to share kind of what I eat most days.  
I have the same thing for breakfast week day.  A cup of coffee with 1/4 of a vanilla premier protein shake.  I'm not usually hungry in the mornings so I don't usually eat anything but if I am hungry I'll have a mini babybel cheese.  On the weekends I usually cook breakfast.  I'll have bacon and eggs or sausage and eggs.  This weekend I made these keto sausage balls.  I've been eating them some this week too. 
You can find the recipe here.  They were so good.  A little greasy but Patrick thought they might be better than regular sausage balls.
For lunch during the week I'm spoiled and my boss buys my lunch nearly everyday so we eat fast food most days.  I'll have a grilled chicken club without the bun, hot dog without the bun, bacon cheeseburger without the bun, salad with grilled chicken and ranch, buffalo chicken wings with ranch or steak fajitas without the tortilla.  You can have all the toppings with the fajitas so I don't even miss the tortilla.
For dinner I usually cook something.  My son and husband are somewhat picky.  Patrick will at least try everything, Barrett won't even try stuff.  My favorite is Mexican.  We do that at least once a week.  Everyone else will either eat taco shells, tortilla or use chips to make nachos.   
This is my favorite dinner.  I've made several pinterest recipes.  Another favorite is chicken baked with broccoli, cheddar cheese and bacon.  We usually have hot dogs at least once a week because everyone will eat them.  We mostly eat chicken.  And I usually just bake it and then add some sort of side, usually something starchy for them and then green beans, broccoli, or Brussel sprouts for me.
I've made fat bombs from pinterest as something sweet I also will have a spoonful of Halo Top ice cream for a sweet treat.  I also found this week Planters Salted Carmel peanuts.  They are a little high in carbs but if you've got the macros for them in you day they are a great little treat.  
So that's a little peak into my daily food diary.  Some days my macros are perfect.  Some days I'm just surviving.  My biggest tip if you're to eat keto is at first just focus on staying within your carbs.  Eat as many calories as you need to stay full without going over on carbs.  You probably wont go over by much but it will help avoid the need to snack and make bad choices.  I still use this thinking in some situations.  
That's it for this week.  Let me know if you decide to start so I can cheer you along! 

No comments: